Our window ranges
Discover our quality
Euro range :
Energium range :
Classic Collection :
The best warranty on the market
That's confidence in our quality
30 years on frames
10 years against unsealing of sealed units
10 years on hardware
10 years on our installation, parts and labor included
10 years on sealant joints*
*The consumer is responsible for periodically checking the condition of these seals.
HIGH PERFORMANCE ENERGY GLASS
For a superior insulation
Our products are equipped with high performance energy glass. This technology provides twice the insulation of standard sealed glazing. What is behind this technology?
Here are the three components:
A Low-E HER (High Energy Rating) coating with low emissivity is applied to the inside of one of the two panes (see diagram). This avant-garde coating generates high solar gains. In addition, it has the effect of reflecting heat towards the interior of the house in winter and towards the exterior in summer. This reduces the energy bill and increases the comfort of the occupants. This product lets in nearly twice as much solar heat as standard Low-E glass.
– A black or white non-conductive spacer is placed all around between the two glasses. This component makes it possible to join the two glasses of the sealed unit while maintaining a space between them. Our commercial grade spacers are Technoform branded. These are the same spacers used on Montreal skyscrapers. They are made of stainless steel and high performance polymer so that the sealed unit is completely watertight. This prevents any argon leakage which would create an air exchange with the outside. Our high quality spacer prevents this problem and, by the same token, the appearance of fogging or silver oxide slides inside the thermo.
– The space created between the two glasses thanks to the spacer is filled with argon. This gas has the property of being inert and less conductive than air. The insulation of the sealed unit is therefore increased.
By doing business with GIT Portes et Fenêtres, you will reduce your energy bill and avoid expenses for replacing windows, since the materials used are durable.
Go through time with GIT.
Superior quality window
Quebec-made aluminum frames
Aluminum and compliance with standards
Aluminum and color
Aluminum and refinement
Aluminum and light
Aluminum and maintenance
Aluminum and resistance
Standards and certifications
We adhere to the following standards:
– Natural Resources Canada, CSA, NAFS and NFRC.
– ACNOR (or CSA) is the Canadian Standards Association. It created the CSA A-440 standard, which determines window strength and efficiency levels.
Here are the criteria measured:
– Airtightness: from A1 to A3
– Water tightness: from B1 to B7
– Rigidity and resistance to the action of the wind: from C1 to C5
– Condensation resistance
– Ease of use
– Energetic efficiency
– Resistance to forcible entry: from F10 to F20
Ask our advisors to evaluate our products against existing standards.
We are the only ones in Canada who do not import our EURO style products, because it is well known that products from Europe are not suitable for our climate. In addition, delivery times can be excessive. This is why we made the decision to design and manufacture our EURO products right here in Montreal, so that they are efficient and that we can have optimal control over quality and delivery times.
The design was thought out with the Canadian climate in mind. Thermal barriers, weatherstripping and integrated rail mosquito nets have been installed in our doors and windows in our EURO range. All this to ensure exceptional comfort, even when the glass surfaces are very large. In addition, the aluminum used comes from Quebec and all manufacturing is done in Montreal. The aluminum extrusions used are extremely robust and will stand the test of time. The mechanisms used such as lift-slide, multipoint locks, hinges and limiting arms are strong and durable. They also allow easy, safe and efficient handling of products.
Locking and opening
Variety of frames
– Aluminum frame and sashes, baked enamel finish
– Sturdy frame with thermal barrier
– Possibility to choose from 240 colors (small supplement)
– Possibility of different colors for interior and exterior
– GIT frames adapt to different types of installations, whether insert or brick-to-brick
– GIT has the largest number of moldings on the market
– Very wide variety of decorative tiles
HIGH PERFORMANCE ENERGY GLASS
The vast majority of aluminum windows can be provided with “energy glass”. This option provides twice the insulation of ordinary thermo glass*.
This option consists of three components:
– The spacer, which is the perimeter separating the two glasses made using a resin with very low conductivity.
– A denser gas, argon, is introduced between the two glasses. – The spacer, which is the perimeter separating the two glasses made using a resin with very low conductivity.
– The most important is the deposit of silver nitrate molecules on one of the surfaces of the inner glass of the sealed unit, which allows heat to be reflected back to its point of origin.
The aluminum extrusions used also enhance their installation with their malleability, since this material naturally resists the expansion and contraction that can occur during temperature variations.
Aluminum also has environmental benefits, since it offers high energy efficiency (in combination with our thermal barriers) and its use is not harmful to the environment. In short, this collection is a long-lasting choice of exemplary quality.